social spark Aisling Beatha: I'm going to BELGIUM!

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Monday, October 16, 2006

I'm going to BELGIUM!

Oh yes I am!
Next week in fact!
This is scary and exciting all at the same time.

I am off to visit a friend I have only known online. She wants to get baptised and is having difficulty organising it in her particular church, so I'm going and we will find a river or even maybe the ocean and we will to the business! Heeheee!
We'll also do some sightseeing and taste chocolate! FUN FUN FUN!

I booked the flights this morning. This will be the first time I have ever flown alone. I'm not one of those peope who enjoys flying, it's not that i am afraid, but that it does not agree with my stomach. I usually close my eyes and try and concentrate on my breathing and get through that way. The beginning and end of a flight are the worst. The flight itself is just over an hour so I should be ok though.

Soooo, suggestions for a baptism gift?
And yes, I know about buying the jello! heeheeee. That has you all very confused right now, huh? That's a gift that my friend has asked for because she can't get decent jelly over there and asked me to bring some. NO PROBLEMO!
So, other than jello, any suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. A woman's study or devotional Bible would be a great gift, or you could make her a CD of your favorite praise and worship songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your budget is tight ... I like the idea of a book. Or what about a cross necklace? That's what popped into my head, but it might not work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! And the chocolate - no fair!! Send me some! LOL! That is really wonderful. Take plenty of photos to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Utmost for His Highness" is a wonderful daily read that is available in gift book form.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yahooo how exciting
    I dont like flying either
    is it possible for you to get some mediation that may help your tummy
    When I got baptised my sister gave me a cd of Steven Curtis Chapman I still remember her doing that maybe some nice christain music would be good???
    what a wonderful friend she has in you to go and do that with her

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pattie2:14 am

    A cross necklace is PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...