social spark Aisling Beatha: The Wrekin

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Wrekin

Hubby is off to climb the Wrekin with a number of people from church tonight!I will NOT be joining them. I am extremely unfit. I need to do something about that. But there is NO way I can climb the wrekin. I tried once, we tried to climb the Wrekin very early in the morning in order to watch the sun rise. I got about half way up, I think, and I was so out of breath, so exhausted that I truly felt like I might die. I begged hubby to carry on up the hill without me and I would walk down on my own but he was worried and so came down with me. Truth is that as soon as I started walking down hill rather than uphill, I was absolutely fine. Shame I can't get to the top walking downhill! Heeheee, maybe I could hire a helicopter to drop me at the top and I could walk down. Eldest son just informed me I managed to get 3/4 of the way up. Maybe I should try it again some day when I have PLENTY of time to stop and rest along the way.

Tonight they are climbing in order to pray and plan some prayer walking. The leader at church has this idea that we should prayer walk, over time, the whole of the town. And they are going up the hill to overlook the town (it should be fantastic in the dark), and pray and ask God where to start and how to plan this.
This is the top of the Wrekin. It will be dark when they are up there tonight, but hopefully it won't be in cloud. Hubby and youngest son have certainly climbed to the top when they have been in cloud before now, but that was during the day. Can't imagine doing dark AND cloud at the same time. That transmitter in the background is where all the tv and radio for our area is transmitted from.

2 comments:

  1. So the wrekin is a hilltop? It makes me out of breath just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I'm more and more thinking of attempting a walk up there sometime soon. But a no pressure "it might take me 3 hours, compared to someone else's 1 hour" walk!

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...