social spark Aisling Beatha: What Would Nattie Do?

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What Would Nattie Do?

A lot of the ladies on W@H have been writing memorials to nattie yesterday, because it was her real memorial service at which we were well represented by a group of gorgeous ladies. By the time someone suggested it I didn't have time to complete it yesterday, and this morning, well, words are not enough are they, but this is what I have. A very slightly edited version of an email I wrote to our church email list yesterday morning:

I have ummed and aahed about whether to send this request to the list or not, but it is so close to my heart that I really feel as many people as possible praying is best. I said this because I seem to send prayer requests through more frequently than ANYONE else in the church and sometimes wonder if people get fed up of it, but then, every so often someone will ask about someone I've posted a request for, and you know that people are reading and are praying.

I lost very dear online friend to stomach cancer last week.
Yes, I only ever knew her online, but she was as dear a friend to me as any I have known in real life.
Her name was Natalie Rose, or to those that loved her, Nattie.

She became ill about two months ago, was diagnosed about 3 or 4 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago her cancer was declared inoperable and they started Chemo. She died on Thursday. Nattie is dancing with Jesus, completely healed and whole. And for that I rejoice.

But she leaves behind two children, both under 10, one of whom has aspergers, which is one of the autistic spectrum disorders. Their dad left to be with someone else 3 or 4 years ago and despite her own personal feelings about that, and struggles with paid support and so on she would not allow anyone to speak ill of him in front of her kids and would not do so herself, all the time, doing her best and her utmost to fight through incredibly difficult circumstances, she would ALWAYS point you to Jesus. Always be there with a smile, with a heartfelt "Yes, it looks dim right now, but look UP".

When her cancer was declared inoperable, she declared "NO CRYING!, I am NOT going to die, I am going to fight this thing and with Jesus, I will win."

Please pray for her children. Pray for them today as they go through the memorial service but at any time from here on in that you think to. The group that I knew Nattie through might lose touch with their lives at this point. We hope not, but we just don't know.

Nattie lived life with such faith and such enthusiasm that I am finding already as I face certain situations and decisions I find myself asking "What would Nattie do?"

3 comments:

  1. Be sure to thank your church for their prayers. This was lovely, Zoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe...this was...beautiful! Definitely one of the best tributes I've read yet...I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was amazing, wasn't she?

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...