social spark Aisling Beatha: Dedication to Women at home - BLOGATHON 2007 Post 8

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dedication to Women at home - BLOGATHON 2007 Post 8

I want to dedicate my blogging today, not just to raising funds for Samaritans Purse, but also I want to dedicate it to the women I have grown to know through Women at Home.

I have been around the Women at home Message board since it was first opened, being the first non Admin member, because they opened it in the middle of the night for them, and me, being over here, in England, was first up and onto the board! But Women at home has been around a lot longer than that, starting as a Yahoo Group way back.

It is now a message board of 150 members, Christian women from mainly America, but all over the world. We come from all different backgrounds, all sorts of political leanings, all sorts of church environments. We have single women, married women without children, married women with children, married women whose children have grown up and left home, separated and divorced women, grandmas etc. I don't think we have any great grandmas although I could be wrong. The point is we're all at different stages in our lives, we are all VERY different people, but we have one thing in common.
We all LOVE the Lord Jesus and want to follow Him wholeheartedly.
Some may post multiple times a day, some might only get online once a week or even less, but we all have somethign to give, all have something that we bring to make the group what it is, a caring, loving environment, that is SAFE to be yourself.

Thank you ladies, without you, each and every one of you I wouldn't be the woman I am today. wouldn't be the mother I am today, the wife I am today or even the child of God that I am today.


And here is a very special dedication to a very special member of Women at home who sadly went to be with the Lord this year.


.

2 comments:

  1. 3 hours in! Keep it up, you're doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pattie6:20 pm

    Thanks for the nod to the WAHs everywhere! {{{Zoe}}}

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...