social spark Aisling Beatha: My vows - BLOGATHON 2007 Post 33

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

My vows - BLOGATHON 2007 Post 33

From a couple of years ago when hubby and I renewed our vows.



Andrew, I love you. I love you for what you are, but I love you yet more for what you are going to be. I love you not so much for your realities as for your ideals and your dreams. I pray that you dream big dreams and I promise to be here by your side, to see them come true.
I want you, Andrew, as my life’s mate. The love you have given me has reached into my heart and taken my soul captive. I have known no other love like yours outside of God and I joyously recommit myself to you, as I did 11 years ago.
I will share with you all the good and all the bad of life, all the laughter and the tears. I will rejoice in your strengths and help you develop them and I will encourage you and love you in spite of any weaknesses you may have. Not always shall you be what you are now. You are going forward toward something great. I am on the way with you and I love you. I will love you the rest of my life, because it is my choice to do so. This is the covenant I make with you."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...