social spark Aisling Beatha: 2007 Review of the year Answers - Part 1

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 Review of the year Answers - Part 1

What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Oh gosh, I really can't think of anything.
It's been an extremely isolating year for me, I guess one thing that has happened this year that I have been wary of before is that I have tried to maintain at least on a very light level (only because of time constraints) to maintain something of a relationship with people who have left our church this year, even though we firmly believe we are to stay. In the past I've shied away from that, felt like some kind of traitor or something which is totally ridiculous.

Oooh, I remembered another one, heeeheeee and this one was FUN!
I led a school assembly. I went into a local primary school (so 4 to 11 year olds) and talked to over 350 kids about the operation Christmas Child Shoebox appeal. I was as nervous as heck but LOVED every single second of it! And afterwards the deputy head of the school who was in charge said to me “You did really well, and I think everyone heard you, even the children right at the back must have heard you clearly.” Oh I laughed at that I really did, and I replied “I don't have any problems in that department.”
I definitely want to do more of those next year and will be contacting schools in September when they go back after the summer, to say I am available.
Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I didn't, I don't, and I won't! However,I will be writing about my “theme” for the year soon, when I have finished this piece.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Again, no in real life people, but wonderful, wonderful Stephanie, and other fantastic friends from Women at Home have had quite a baby boom this year. And from what I see on the pregnancy boards, that isn't about to end any time soon.
Although for me the most exciting new babies have not been the ones that have come to their current families by birth, but the amazing stories of adoption that we have watched play out in our midst, praying and agonizing with the prospective parents.

Did anyone close to you die?
I guess it depends on what you mean by “close”. Did I know her in real life? No, not by a long shot, but she was one of my oldest online friends, having both been part of a Christian writers email group way back and then re finding each other on Women at home. But did I love her as a friend, I admired her outlook on life, I was in awe of her reading, and although there were many on Women at home who knew her better than I did, I considered her a true friend. Natalie Rose, gone, but not forgotten, we still miss you!

What countries did you visit?
Oooh, as always a really difficult question to answer, heeheee, NOT! I have been to England and to Wales this year. LAST YEAR (and I don't think I answered these questions last year) I travelled to Belgium to baptise a friend. But this year, just home and Wales. I'd love to travel, I'd give so much to go visit my friends in America, to see Belgium (and Ello) again, to take my boys to parts of Europe I've never been yet. But for now, there is no money for trips like that and so we did not even get a family holiday at all this year.
Maybe next year hey?
And wouldn't it be cool for next Christmas to be the year I get to go on an Operation Christmas child shoebox distribution trip. MAYBE! Anyone want to pay for me to go?

What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
One word, RELATIONSHIPS, call them friendships, call them what you like, but I need people, and this year I have been incredibly isolated, some of that self inflicted, some of that God and yes, some of it the enemy, but I really would like to be able to come out of this year saying “You know, I know people better now, and I really believe there are people I could turn to no matter what.”
Interestingly, after me writing this last night, this morning's sermon at church was about getting to know each other better and being involved in each others lives.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...