social spark Aisling Beatha: 2007 Review of the year Answers - Part 4

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 Review of the year Answers - Part 4

How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas day this year was one of the best we have had in a while. There is a guy at church who is currently separated from his wife. He also has a son from a previous relationship. He was to spend time at his estranged wife's home later in the day, so we invited him to our house for Christmas dinner, with his older son. It was the first time we've entertained on Christmas day and it went really well. They were only here for a few hours, but with his son being in between our two boys in age it was good for all of them and it was good for us to begin to learn how to be proper hosts.

Did you fall in love in 2007?
YES! More in love than ever with my gorgeous hubby, if that is possible, but also more in love than ever with Father God, and totally aware that even now I have no concept of HOW MUCH he loves me.

What was your favourite TV program?
There's probably only a handful of programmes that I watch consistently.
Let me see. . . . . .
House – I love Hugh Laurie in this.
Grays Anatomy – Although I was beginning to get really fed up of the whole Izzie George thing by the end of the series (remember we're behind the states in a lot of these shows)
Ghost Whisperer – The thing I love about this is the whole relationships thing, watching the healing of those relationships and so on.
Extreme makeover home Edition – What more is there to say?

What was the best book you read?
The Father You've Been Waiting For” by Mark Stibbe. I think EVERYONE should read this book! It isn't HUGE, you'll finish it in a week. It might just change the way you see God, yourself and others. It has changed things for me.










What was your greatest musical discovery of 2007?
ooooooooh, my greatest musical discovery of 2007 was that worship can be played by poorly trained musicians, badly, and still be the most amazing worship experience you have had in years BECAUSE of the passionate hearts of the people involved. Anyone who was there knows exactly what I mean, and oh yes it was fun! And instead of judging we laughed and we enjoyed ourselves and we let go and God truly did turn up!

What did you want and get?
It's funny but the thing I thought I wanted and got turned out to be the very thing that would bring me down. I thought I wanted this year of seeking God for myself, but it turned out to be the loneliest time I have ever experienced. I still believe some of that was god's intention, but I KNOW that I made it far far worse than it ever needed to be by the way I responded and that in the end I had even begun to cut myself off from him. I am looking to remedy that over the coming weeks, looking to spend far more time, just focussing on him, on being in his presence.

What did you want and not get?
Friendships, deep, abiding, real, but still fun and exciting friendships. I'm still searching for that one and trying to understand why I don't have that in my life IRL. I KNOW that god put this ability, this passion, this need for female friends in women, and He and I often have discussions, (well, I do most of the talking actually) about why this is still absent in my life. Maybe if I did more of the listening and less of the talking, I would have some answers.

What was your favourite film of this year?
We didn't get to the cinema as many times this year as we did last year. But still the movies make me cry and still my boys take great delight in that fact.
I enjoyed Shrek the Third, that was a fun movie, made me laugh, and yes, made me cry. We never got around to seeing the new Pirates movie at the cinema so are waiting for it to come up on our dvd rental queue. Just this week, we went to see enchanted and a more cute film I could not have wished for. Yes, I cried, but what little girl at heart doesn't love a good fairy tale? OK, so some of you are too grown up for that sort of thing, but you know what? You're missing out! So, it isn't reality, so what?
But my favourite movie of the year, is perhaps a little controversial for a Christian blogger. I LOVED the Harry Potter movie. As ever I was a little disappointed about the parts in the book that had to be left out of the movie, but once again I am struck by the utter desperation of a boy whose parents dies when he was so young, desperately trying to be enough and do enough and all the time fighting that internal battle. But also so desperate to catch some glimpses of what his parents were really like.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...