social spark Aisling Beatha: 2007 Review of the year Answers - Part 5

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 Review of the year Answers - Part 5

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Oh heck, that was a long time ago. My birthday is in January. I really don't remember what it was I did? But, I was a ripe old 36! So, in just 3 or so weeks time I will be 37!

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My hubby getting a job at equal pay, much closer to home. We have both been joking lately because there are some new industrial units being built (well, they're still just preparing the ground right now, but they'll go up quick once they start) just 15 minutes walk from our front door. We keep joking about how cool it would be for a company in his field to move into those units and him to get a job there! Instead of his current commute which can be anything from 1 hour each way on a good day to 2 or more on a bad one.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
relaxed and casual with a little more ooomph and colour than previous years.

What kept you sane?
What's sane? Seriously, how do any of us know we're the sane ones and it's the others who are mad? I don't think I've had a particularly sane year, I don't think I've always reacted in what would be considered sane ways. But I'm still here, they haven't locked me away, yet!

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I can't think of anyone that really gets me going the way hubby does, BUT at a push I would have to say in looks alone (because from what I've heard of his personality I wouldn't go for him at all), Russell Crowe. There's just something about his face.

What political issue stirred you the most?
Pretty much anything involving children, especially where they are being exploited or going without, both internationally and closer to home.
And any project that communicates even in some small way, to INDIVIDUAL CHILDREN that they are LOVED, well, WOW!
I think that's why I consider my involvement in the Operation Christmas Child stuff to be partly political, rather than just a faith issue.

Who did you miss?
The people I missed the most this year were people who are still here, but with whom my relationship has changed over the last few years to not be what it once was, for whatever reason. Different reasons in different cases, but some of them I see most weeks, but just on a different level. I miss those people a lot.

Who was the best new person you met?
I don't think I met a lot of new people this year. One very recently, and we're only just getting to know her, but it's exciting. We have a new neighbour next door but one and she's from Germany. She works as a translator.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
Be careful what you wish for or pray for, or think that God is telling you, because you might just get it!

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Bethany Dillon
Come Find Me

Why would I ever worship wood or stone?
Things that cannot hear or speak at all
Why would I want something that I can control?
When I can't even trust myself to fall

I was following a cloud of fire and smoke
But my heart was too weak to understand
So I built an image with my fear and with my gold
Now I'm reaching out for Your hand

Come find me, come find me
I'll be waiting for You to rescue me
Come find me, come find me
I'll be waiting for You to rescue me

Don't leave me when I feel like it's impossible
When I feel my inability bleed through
Rip the veil between what I see and what is real

Let this fire in my heart be proof

Come find me, come find me
I'll be waiting for You to rescue me
Come find me, come find me
I'll be waiting for You to rescue me

My faith feels like a furnace of loneliness, my rescue is invisible for now
But I can't seem to shake this hope so dangerous
I will love and follow You, unseen God


Come find me, come find me
I'll be waiting for You to rescue me
Come find me, come find me
I'll be waiting for You to rescue me

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...