social spark Aisling Beatha: 2007 Review on the year Answers - Part 2

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 Review on the year Answers - Part 2

What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Oh gosh, I'm crying now, even though I already talked about her. I don't know if I would say June 7th, the day Natalie died, or if I would actually say the day we all found out just how ill she was and that she wasn't expected to make it and yet she was still staying bright in spirit and writing letters to leave behind for her children, and watching these very brave women who loved her even more than I did, who knew her so much better than I did, support her and the rest of us through that time. They are all inspirations.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Achievement? Hmmmmmm? I would say getting through that assembly at the school. Not that there were actually any problems in doing the assembly itself, at all, just how nervous I was leading up to it, with it being the first one I'd ever done and all.
I SO want to do more of this and need to get some of the books put out by the Christian charities about doing school assemblies year round. Maybe even some with some of my storytelling thrown in!

What was your biggest failure?
I completely failed to lost any weight or maintain ANY kind of fitness programme. Oh I had all sorts of excuses, but none of them really matter!

Did you suffer illness or injury?
The usual, coughs, colds, as well as some bouts of extreme tiredness coupled with frequent night waking. That's not all the time, I have been free of the extremes of it for a while, but the last few days it appears to have returned a little.
My back still hurts a lot from when I broke my tail bone in 2006. Especially at night. Not enough to keep me awake but enough to make me uncomfortable. I don't take pain killers for it, not any more, maybe I should. And the docs have been next to useless, just telling me to stretch more and throwing more pain killers prescriptions at it, so I don't even go see them any more.

What was the best thing you bought?
Has to be our new computer desk, or our new shelves, or our second dining table (2 smaller ones offer more flexibility than one big one) all of which came from IKEA and one of which was paid for my dad and my sis THANKS GUYS!
But one of my most favourite things that I have bought, I only got this morning. Well, only finished this morning. I bought a huge frame from IKEA, 20 inches by 27 ½ inches. Then, I got a poster print of a photograph I took a couple of years ago, at the Botanical Gardens in Birmingham. That arrived in yesterday's post, I put it in the frame and today my darling husband put the hooks up and hung the frame. And THIS takes pride of place at the top of my stairs.
I don't have the name of the sculptor and if you can't see what is in the middle of the palm, blow the picture up until you can.

Where did most of your money go?
Frivolous things, things we probably didn't need and couldn't afford, but that is about to change and we are to get a much tighter hold on what we spend.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
It's been a funny year. When you are feeling as isolated as I have been, excitement doesn't come easily. Excitement is something you do with friends, together, it is meant to be shared. By it's very nature, if you are excited about something you want to share it with people, tell them about it, show them, have them experience something of it for themselves.
Well, OK then, yes there has been something. I've experienced far more of the heart of the Father this year than I ever have before and whilst I am struggling to come to terms with what that means and really understand the depth of that love, and how it makes a difference in my life, I am excited about it and I have shared a little of it with those whom I know already understand it far better than I do and those who I know would tell me they do, but really don't have a clue.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...