social spark Aisling Beatha: 2007 Review on the year Answers - Part 3

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 Review on the year Answers - Part 3

What song will always remind you of 2007?
There is ONLY one song. It was probably released before this year, but for me, it has said something that needed to be said:
Mika – Big Girls, You Are Beautiful!



Big girl you are beautiful

Walks in to the room
Feels like a big balloon
I said, "Hey girl, you are beautiful"
Diet Coke and a pizza please
Diet Coke I'm on my knees
Screaming, "Big girl you are beautiful"

You take your skinny girl
I feel like I'm gonna die
Coz a real woman needs a real man here's why
You take your girl and multiply her by four
Now a whole lot of woman needs a whole lot more

[chorus:]
Get yourself to the butterfly lounge
Find yourself a big lady
Big boy come on around
And they'll be calling you baby
No need to fantasize
Since the words are my phrases
A watering hole the with girls around
And curves in all the right places
Big girls you are beautiful
Big girls you are beautiful
Big girls you are beautiful
Big girls you are beautiful

Walks in to the room
Feels like a big balloon
I said, "Hey girl, you are beautiful"
Diet coke and a pizza please
Diet coke I'm on my knees
Screaming, "Big girl you are beautiful"

You take your girl and multiply her by four
Now a whole lot of woman needs a whole lot more

[chorus x4]

Big girl you are beautiful

Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. happier or sadder?
Is sadder the right term? I don't think so. I am definitely more subdued, less comfortable. I wouldn't say I am happier, but certainly, sadder would be the wrong term to use. I am no sadder than I was this time last year. If anything I am more hopeful!

b. thinner or fatter?
Ahem. Do I have to answer this one? Can't I plead the 5th? Or will that actually give my answer away huh? Yep, another year older, another year fatter!

c. richer or poorer?
Sadly we have ended this year poorer, but we are on the upswing. We managed to get our refinancing through BEFORE all the subprime stuff hit and lenders became much more difficult to deal with. Hubby is extremely hopeful that things are on the up at his workplace and hopeful of a pay rise at the very least in line with inflation if not more, in April. And I am certainly open to picking up a job with a few more hours than I am doing now, although I really don't want to work full time yet because of my back.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
School Assemblies! Heeeheeeeheeeee, but maybe next year, huh?

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating and Spending.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that song and video! I've never heard it before, but wow. It's true, but not something we usually hear...esp. from skinny guys. ;)

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...