social spark Aisling Beatha: What I Learned this Week

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

What I Learned this Week


What did I learn this week?

This week I learned that some colds take longer to get over than others.
Normally, if I get a cold, it lasts a couple of days and it is gone. THIS one went on for weeks! First I had a really bad sore throat, then the cold went to my nose and then it descended to my upper chest. I have spoken to other people I know who have had it and they each speak of exactly the same process.

Having a cold and being on a CPAP machine can be interesting, but I managed, and dosed up with cold remedies, and throat pastilles, eventually got through it.

I didn't quite lose my voice, but thought it was going to go a few times, which was interesting since I had two school assemblies to speak at. I just told the children they had to listen extra hard and if my voice did go they would have a very short assembly.

If you want to participate in What I Learned this Week, head over to the website by clicking on the image at the top of this post.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe, I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I get sick of being sick too so I can relate! I hope this week is a better one for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling yourself really soon!

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...