social spark Aisling Beatha: Paint Colours Book

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Paint Colours Book

Every time I go to a craft store I look at the tubes and bottles of acrylic paint.  Especially now I have found a store tht stocks the smaller bottles of craft paint for just 99p, I'd like to get some more colours.  The problem is that stood there, in front of this wonderful rack of delights I can NEVER remember what colours I already have.  I have been meaning to make this little book since I bought my Bind it All, and finally got around to doing it last night.

First of all I designed a page with squares for the paint and lines for the brand and colour name of the paint.  I printed that out at 4 to a sheet of A4, on sketchbook paper and cut each sheet into 4.

I cut a piece of thin card for a front cover and a piece of chipboard for the back cover.


I bound it all on my Bind it All and this is the result.



The only possible problem I can forsee is that I might run out of pages, but I can always open it up and put some more in.

And that may be the end of my online presence today as I see a trip to a craft shop in my very near future!

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea...this would be a great organization tool to remember the colors that you paint each room in your house..great idea!

    Shantel @
    www.itsapricelesslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project!!! Have fun playing with your new Bind-It-All!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea! I need to go out and buy paint, I am running low. I rarely use it & some I've had for way too long & its all dried out.

    Popping by from whatever goes wednesday on someday crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very clever! I need to make one myself! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so need one of those. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...