social spark Aisling Beatha: First Project in New Craft Room

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

First Project in New Craft Room

BookMarks

So, I finally got the craft room sorted out and most things onto the shelves. And yesterday I started on my first project.

When I went to the big craft show at the NEC in Birmingham last year, I got some free pressed flower stickers for participating in a workshop.

BookMarks

I had no idea what to do with them until I actually opened up a package and realised they came with a backing card that was the perfect size for a bookmark.

BookMarks

OK, so the back of the card is covered in text but there's an easy way around that.

BookMarks

I used a tape runner to attach the card to the back of a patterned paper, then cut around it.

BookMarks

The pieces of card were 2" by 5 1/2". I then put a piece 1 3/4" by 5 1/4" on top of that and a piece 1 1/2" wide with different lengths for the two styles of stickers, on top of that.  I rounded the corners of each piece, using a corner punch.

BookMarks

On the back of the cards I used my Kuretake calligraphy pens to write out a quote I found online.  I also put one of the smaller pressed flower stickers and used my "Hand made by Zoe" stamp.

BookMarks

Each sheet of stickers was enough to make 2 bookmarks, so half of each set were made using other cardstock that I had in my supplies.

I prefer the pink ones with the red pressed flower stickers.  Which are your favourite?

3 comments:

  1. my favorite is the one in my mailbox. I LOVE THESE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm, I might be able to do that! I still haven't posted those Horrible History books, so I could put one in with those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are perhaps the most beautiful pressed flower bookmarks I've seen yet. I've always thought pressed flowers were pretty, but I never knew how best to use them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...