social spark Aisling Beatha: Prayer Map of my town

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Prayer Map of my town

This is what I spent most of Saturday morning putting together in my church building.


It took 3 hours, and that was with my hubby helping.  I dread to think how long it would have taken on my own.

We have had the map of our town up on the wall there for quite a while, just sitting there on it's own.  A few weeks ago I had the idea to mark all the schools in town, on the map.  That has now expanded to a rolling program of displays that will have different themes.  Well, you can read about that here:


Over on the right are some prayer pointers


and a list of the schools covered by our local education authority but not included on the map.  The schools covered on this map are the 5 - 11 year old schools, except the special schools for disabled children and children with special educational needs.  Because there were so many schools to include, I decided to add the special schools into the next display which will have the 11-16 and 16-18 provision marked as well as the local university campus.

When we have finished with education I was thinking about marking all the doctors surgeries and the hospital one time, and the police stations another, with fire and ambulance stations another.  After that I have no idea what we will do, any suggestions?

I'll leave you with one final picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...