social spark Aisling Beatha: Blueberry lemon cake

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blueberry lemon cake

I got this recipe from Food.com

Blueberry Lemon Cake

Ingredients

  • 2 3/4 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine (113g if it is butter)
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 1/4 cups blueberries, tossed with
  • 1 tablespoon flour  

This is originally a Bundt Cake recipe but I am using a daisy shaped Silicon cake tin.  Even though it is Silicone I still like to grease it.  I had been greasing and flouring but then I bought a bottle of Cake release.  I use a small amount of that and brush it on with a pastry brush.  It works really well, even for more complicated cake tins.


Heat oven to 350°F.  For other UK bakes like me, that's just under 180C.


The recipe says to beat the butter until soft and smooth, I softened it in the microwave instead.  Then beat it with the sugar in my stand mixer.


Once that is mixed and nice and smooth, add the eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly between each.


Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined. Beat in flour in three additions, alternating with buttermilk. Beat for 2 minutes.

Fold in blueberries.


Spoon into prepared pan.

 
Because my cake pan wasn't as big as the one called for in this recipe I was also able to make 6 muffin sized cupcakes.
Bake at 350F for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
 

When using a silicon pan, it is much better to actually leave it in the pan until completely cooled.  However, with using the cake release I find I can turn them out while still a little warm.

There is a glaze to go with the cake in the recipe, but I didn't use that.  I just sprinkled the cake with icing sugar.


You'll have to excuse the Christmas cake board, it was the only one I had in my cupboard the right size.  Must remember to pick up some more.

I hope you try this out it was so yummy, we finished it off for breakfast this morning.

You will find the link parties I join up with over in my sidebar.  I hope you enjoyed your visit and come back soon to see what else I have been up to.  Or you could check out my other recipes and food posts.

4 comments:

  1. What a tasty looking cake. Lemon and blueberry together are so yummy :) Every Wedesnday I host a recipe spotlight where you can come and show off your best recipes. I'd love for you to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything with blueberries!!! We have a Blueberry Festival in my hometown and I always end up with tons from my godmother's blueberry farm! Thanks for sharing your how-to and recipe at the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love blueberry, my fave! Bookmarking this recipe! Thanks for sharing!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...