social spark Aisling Beatha: oh WOW, buttons

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Thursday, June 09, 2011

oh WOW, buttons


Last Sunday one of my team of kids workers brought in a big box of craft materials for us to use with the 5 - 11's over the summer.  With it she brought a button box!  I didn't know it was a button box, so I opened it up to have a peek.  As soon as I saw what was inside I asked her if I could have it and wonderfully she said yes.

There's going to be some work involved in getting them all cleaned up as there is a lot of dust in there.  But first I wanted to sort through them.


I tipped them all out onto a tray.


And began to sort through them.  These are some of my favourites, although I have done more sorting since I took these photos.

 

Those buckles are tiny and so cute!

I've been researching how to clean them and so far I have discovered that the best way to start is with a dry cloth and to only move on to other methods if really necessary and that the other methods vary depending on what the button is made of.  So, I will be doing that later today.

If you want to see how they turn out you can subscribe over in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...