social spark Aisling Beatha: Kitchen Tool Storage

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Kitchen Tool Storage


Pin It

I like kitchen gadgets, tools, etc, but I'd been having a problem with storing them in easy access. So far I had two of these absolutely jammed with stuff. this photo is of one of them AFTER the other stuff has been dealt with so you can imagine how full they both were before:



I saw something in a cookbook I had recently bought. It wasn't a "how to do this project" thing, just an illustration used in the book. And I knew I was onto something. So I bought a short piece of wardrobe rail, and the fixings for that, and I put it up (well, my husband did it for me) across the kitchen window. And now all my lovely tools hang from butchers hooks, slung along the rail.



I LOVE it. I can quickly and easily grab anything I need, without having to dig around in the drawer or the containers.
If the window frame recess was larger than the actual window itself, then I would have been able to use ordinary kitchen tool rails, BUT because the upvc window goes the full width of the space, and those normal kitchen tool rails attach on the back to the wall, rather than at their ends, it wasn't possible.

Using the wardrobe rail and fixings meant we were able to attach it to the side walls of the recess.

Come back tomorrow and see how I adapted this idea for jewellery storage.

But while you are here today why not check out my other craft projects, or my recipes page.

11 comments:

  1. That is so smart!! I have a window just like this in my kitchen...it would sure help out my over-stuffed tool drawer. Would be delighted for you to link up with us over at Mop It Up Mondays (at i should be mopping the floor): http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/02/mop-it-up-mondays-4.html

    Have a great week!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a simply smart idea! I am so glad I found you through Skip to my Lou! I know my readers would love this and would love to meet you. My monday party is going on if you would like to share! Love, Me http://youaretalkingtoomuch.blogspot.com/2012/02/meet-me-monday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that! Form + function! I super hate digging through the crazy utensil drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! I like the easy access, instead of trying to wrestle them in and out of the pot. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!! New follower from the hop, hope you come by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! My kitchen utensils are overflowing also...this is a great way to organize them! Thanks for sharing at Manic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant! and yes, that digging around in a stuffed drawer sure is annoying, so glad you aren't doing that anymore! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea!! And I have that metal container to hold my knife and forks in!

    Thanks for sharing on Serenity Saturday

    Natasha xxx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess this idea needs more improvement. More storage is needed since you have a lot of utensils.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess you might think that but it works just fine for us the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Important to keep them at safe place and out of children's reach. Quite a topic you have chose to write on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...