social spark Aisling Beatha: HOPE

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

HOPE


Pin It

This page started in my art journal, but there came a point at which I knew that rather than making a page in honour of a friend and letting them have a photo of it, I needed to actually give them the page.  So, I cut it out of my art journal.  Thankfully it is a journal with perforated pages, so I had a line that I knew I could cut down, which made things easier.

The page began with a ripped up map, which I glued down with matt gel medium.


I scribbled over this with three shades of green Neocolor II. Which I then worked in using gesso rather than water.


I knew from the start what I wanted to be the main feature of this page.  I went online and found the Arabic word for Hope.  I printed it out as large as I could get it, and then traced that onto the page.

I outlined it using a pitt pen.


I then filled it in using a black paint pen.  My paint pen got a bit clogged at times and when I pushed down on it to get paint flowing again it made puddles of the colour.  So I grabbed a small brush and used that to further move that paint around.


Then I wrote around the outside and across the bottom.  I think my friends who I gave it to, liked it.


If you read the first sentence of the writing around the outside, you will understand the reason I used a ripped up map for the background.  I love using my creative skills to make gifts that will bless people.  Recently I made a decorated tin of encouraging cards for a friend who was struggling.  You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.


HOPE!

4 comments:

  1. Wow.. that is absolutely amazing!! Beautiful work!! I love that you used the map.. perfection! Without a doubt your friend loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking so nice with an Arabic word ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea - It turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used a map as the background. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...