social spark Aisling Beatha: Life As We Know It

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Life As We Know It

Life as we knew it changed for us some time ago.

A few years ago my Father was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  If caught early the prognosis is very good and most men with early prostate cancer won't receive any treatment at all at first, eventually moving through the stages of treatment as necessary.

For my dad we jumped a few stages.  His had already spread to his bones when he was diagnosed.  It was serious.

In the last 2 and a half years we have had a number of CRISIS moments, when we thought we would lose him.

Two days ago they removed treatment for the infection he has been fighting and now we await the end.
It could be just a couple of days, it could be as much as a couple of weeks, we don't know.  Your prayers would be appreciated, THANK YOU.

5 comments:

  1. I've only just read this above and wanted you to know I am praying.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's still hanging in there after beating the infection by himself, but it shouldn't be long now. Thankfully he got a bed in the hospice on Christmas eve, which was the best gift any of us could have wished for. The staff in there just have more time to be caring.

      Delete
  2. Zoe, I am praying... just reading this as I go through blog posts. I love you! I am so sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...