social spark Aisling Beatha: Only Be Still Before Me

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Only Be Still Before Me

Last week I had a whole day where I did not need to leave the house so I spent most of the morning in my craft studio.  I am still working on the classes from the Made eCourse.  Last week's class was about making your own journal and I wanted to leave that until I could get some more supplies to make one with a mixture of different papers in it.  Since I have done book binding before I thought I would USE one of my journals instead.  The main teacher of the course is Beth Morey and she had shared a devotional with us that morning, by Frances J. Roberts. I used a single phrase from that as my inspiration for this page.

Only Be Still Before Me

Pin It

I am still working on my drawing skills (more on that next week), so I chose to trace the outlines of the image from a photo and then shade it myself, by eye, following the photo.  I am over the moon with how it came out.

Only Be Still Before Me

As you can see I drew her first.  I wanted to know I was going to get her right before I started putting colour down on the page.  Then I filled in the background, following the rough horizon line that was in the photo.

Only Be Still Before Me

Then I added the lettering, which I practised in another journal first, to make sure I could get it right.  I like this font, I think I will use it more often.

Only Be Still Before Me

Normally my art journal pages have a lot more layers than this.  You can check out a recent example by clicking on the image at the bottom of the post.  But for now here's a closer look at this image.

Only Be Still Before Me

And here's that other page for you to check out the layers I usually use.

Safe


Finally you can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...