social spark Aisling Beatha: Travel Journal

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Travel Journal

Paper Bag Book

Pin It

In a few weeks time I am going to be joining my husband on a business trip to Germany.  He will be out there for 2 weeks the first section of the trip and then 4 weeks the second section of the trip.  We have managed to persuade his company to fly me out instead of flying him home during that second section.

Since I will have to occupy myself while he is working I thought it would be nice to take some art supplies with me and so this travel journal was born.


The book initially was a gift from a friend but I have made some alterations to it and explained in the video.

Paper Bag Book

It is a basic paper bag book embellished with scrapbook papers in a lovely green.  I adore these papers and if anyone recognises what range they are from I would love you to leave a comment so I can get some for myself.

Paper Bag Book

Paper Bag Book

Initially the paper fasteners held the whole thing together and so the pages on opened as far as this.  I changed things up a bit and added some extra pages, so now the paper fasteners only go through the front cover.

Paper Bag Book

You can see I have added some sheets of artist paper in between the layers of paper bags.

Paper Bag Book

Each of the pocket pages had 6 tags in it, a different colour in each one.

Paper Bag Book

Paper Bag Book

Paper Bag Book

Paper Bag Book

Paper Bag Book

It will fit nicely in my handbag and I will take no more than a pencil case of supplies to go with it (see the video for details).


You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...