social spark Aisling Beatha: Soul Food Part 2

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Saturday, March 08, 2014

Soul Food Part 2

I can't believe I haven't done another Blog Post about Soul Food since that first one, Nourishing a Playful Spirit.

What is soul food?  It's a 6 month online creativity class put together by Mystele and a number of other artists and hosted at the Community Thrive site.

Here's a reminder of my work from the first lesson.

Soul Food Lesson 1 - Mystele

Pin It

I was really pleased with that piece and enjoyed doing it.

Some of the other classes have been enjoyable but not so easy and certainly haven't produced results that I am as proud of.  This lesson was about drawing with markers without pencilling anything in first, so that you had to keep whatever happened and just go with it.

Soul Food Lesson 2 - Gwen Seemel


Yeah, there are bits of it I love and bits of it I don't like.  I made another attempt at it and the mouth got even worse than the first one.

I love the lessons that are really based in drawing and painting because they stretch me, but i lvoe the classes that are more paper art based too, like this one:

Soul Food Lesson 3 - Cathy Bluteau


Soul Food Lesson 3 - Cathy Bluteau



You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...