social spark Aisling Beatha: The Owl and the Pussycat

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Monday, March 31, 2014

The Owl and the Pussycat

I'm still doing the Soul Food Class, although the last couple of weeks I have had other projects that needs to get done so I am falling a bit behind.  Hopefully I will get caught up with a few of the classes this week.

For now, let me show you my work from one of the previous classes.

Soul Food Lesson 6 with Lisa Patencio

Pin It

It's a mini accordian book, no more than 3 inches tall on the theme of the Owl and the Pussycat.  I don't have it any more as I gave it to one of the teachers at a local school that I volunteer in.  They were having special events for world book day and this was my contribution.  She asked if she could keep it on her desk, so there it sits for now!

The background is done onto a large sheet of paper first, with a strip chosen to be the accordian book and folded back and forth like a paper fan would be.  We were supposed to choose a particular colour scheme and I think I did OK with that, although I reckon I could have stuck to it a bit more closely.

Here are some closer photos of the pages, remember that they are tiny pages, so detail isn't easy.

Soul Food Lesson 6 with Lisa Patencio

Soul Food Lesson 6 with Lisa Patencio

Soul Food Lesson 6 with Lisa Patencio

Soul Food Lesson 6 with Lisa Patencio

I'll be back with more of the Soul Food lessons soon.  You can still sign up for this year if you would like, or start saving now to take part next year!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. But before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...