social spark Aisling Beatha: What Makes Your House Your Home?

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What Makes Your House Your Home?

Soul Food Little house Plaques

Pin It

Another Soul Food lesson.  A little house to represent your home to hang on your wall.
This was the first time I had done any art on a wooden panel, but I was really pleased with how it turned out.

As you can see I used pictures from around the internet to represent the different things that go on in our home and means a lot to me or us.  I knew I also wanted to include something I had drawn, but I couldn't draw it small enough to go on this piece, so I drew it larger,

Soul Food Little house Plaques


coloured it in

Soul Food Little house Plaques


then scanned it into the computer and printed it out the size I wanted.

First I painted the panel black, then put the blue over the top and pencilled in the house with a few rooms.

Soul Food Little house Plaques

I printed and cut out the images I wanted to use and made sure they fit.

Soul Food Little house Plaques

Then the rooms were made by layering up book paper. Yes, that's more of the German book paper I used in an earlier class.

Soul Food Little house Plaques

Lots of paint and glue later and I got to this.

Soul Food Little house Plaques


Then finally I finished it off with a bit of pen and distressing the blue paint in the sky a little bit.

Soul Food Little house Plaques


The piece is supposed to be finished off with a layer of encaustic wax but I'm not buying all that just for one piece.


You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...