social spark Aisling Beatha: Pinterest to Painting

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pinterest to Painting

Soul Food - Pinterest to Painting

Pin It

One of my favourite classes in Soul Food was Pinterest to Painting.  The idea was to actually DO something with all those inspiration images we save on Pinterest and combine some of them into 1 painting.

I used 3 images from Pinterest:




I admit that I did use tracedown paper for the adult figure.  You can see on the photo below, where I have drawn over it and adjusted the line of the shoulder.

Soul Food - Pinterest to Painting

But the other things, I drew in and painted without any tracing.

I'm disappointed with the way her skin tones turned out.  It's not water colour paper but I wanted to use watercolours, so I put a layer of gesso down, and it was as if the colour was sinking beneath the gesso to the paper below it.  Really odd.  That's why she's a bit blotchy.

But I am over the moon with the baby's face and scarf, and the sun.  All in all, I learnt some lessons and am pleased with the overall result.

Soul Food - Pinterest to Painting

Check back soon for more of my work from the Soul Food Lessons.


Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...