social spark Aisling Beatha: Art Journal to Book Study

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Art Journal to Book Study

When I decided that I wanted to do something in my art journal to record my thoughts on all the reading I am doing over the summer (see list later in the post), my mind immediately went to a journal I made earlier in the year as part of Soul Food.  You have seen a glimpse of it in one of my highlights of soul food posts.  And then earlier today you might have seen the post of the making of the journal.  As I said in that journal, alternate pages were watercolour paper then just artist paper so that made adding colour interesting, but I managed in the end.

First of all I got all sorts of stuff out and just added colour to the pages.  I used ink sprays and stencils, neocolour II crayons, inktense blocks, a grater, spray water, acrylic paints, scrapers, brushes, a home made geli plate, tissue paper, book pages (OLD German books too, awesome!) all sorts of stuff and I made sure there was something on every single page.

Summer Reading Art Journal

Summer Reading Art Journal

Summer Reading Art Journal

Summer Reading Art Journal

Summer Reading Art Journal

Summer Reading Art Journal

Summer Reading Art Journal

Summer Reading Art Journal

Summer Reading Art Journal

Pin It

It was all about making it so that I will not need to worry about the dreaded "FEAR OF THE BLANK PAGE", and I will have something to start from whenever I open the journal up to begin.

There are loads more pages I haven't shown you and one or two that didn't go according to plan.  For instance the gesso through a stencil.  Welllll, it worked ok on the one page but on the other the whole spine area has stuck together, there's a good centimetre or more of each page on that spread now unuseable and it opens weird, ooops . . . .

Summer Reading Art Journal

While I had the home made gel plate and acrylics out I made lots of prints on other sheets of paper.  I cut those up, drew borders onto them all and stamped journaling lines onto about half of them.  These I tucked into the pockets inside the front and back covers.  You can also see here, the stamp I made to make the journaling lines.

Summer Reading Art Journal

Finally, one last prepared page and a question for you.  What do you see here?

Summer Reading Art Journal

You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...