social spark Aisling Beatha: It's Not Meant to be OK

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Monday, July 28, 2014

It's Not Meant to be OK

Last night a friend of mine lost her husband after a 2 year battle with Colon Cancer.  He died, leaving his wife and 4 children behind.  And all day as I have prayed and thought and cried and held them in my heart and before God and gone about my daily business and smiled at other things, and even laughed, all day I have had one phrase in my mind.

"It's OK, because it's not OK"

It's OK to be sad, it's OK to be angry, it's OK to laugh, it's OK to cry, it's OK to be exhausted, it's OK to be relieved it's over, it's OK to be mad at God, it's OK to feel whatever it is any of us (involved at the heart of this or holding distant friends in our hearts) are feeling over this, and you know why?

Because what happened is NOT OK.  It's not OK for 4 children to be without their daddy tonight, it's NOT OK for a wife to be without the husband of her restored marriage tonight.  This is not OK, because this is not how it should be.

And if I could be there in person this is what I would say, What has happened is not OK and I will never tell you it is or it will be one day or anything like that and whatever you are feeling in response, that IS OK, that is acceptable, that is not wrong, it is merely what it is, your response to this situation, plain and simple, it just is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...