social spark Aisling Beatha: Summer Art Journal Book Study - Part 2

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Summer Art Journal Book Study - Part 2

Last week I shared with you the making of a new art journal ready for recording the books I am reading/studying this summer.  I took a journal I had already made and put something of colour on every page to prevent the dreaded Fear of the Blank Page.  Then I shared with you, my first few finished pages as I worked through the first chapters of the book I am currently reading, Naked Spirituality by Brian D McLaren.

Today I have some more pages to share with you.  You had to wait because our printer packed up.  Apparently the print head is stuffed and it is going to take a while to get a new one, so I had to get my printing (of images I wanted for the pages) done at Staples and find time to go pick them up.

Summer Reading Art Journal

Pin It

The springtime simplicity of faith is very black and white, everything is simple, clear cut, we know what we need to do, we know who and what we believe, it's easy, there are no questions or complications to bother us.  But we cannot stay in springtime for ever and if we don't move on it can sour.

Summer Reading Art Journal

So with which "word" or "spiritual practice" do we begin our journey in simplicity?  HERE!  We show up, we respond to God, we choose to relate to him in the here and now reality.

Summer Reading Art Journal

As we move on in Here, we begin to want to move from describing God by title, He is GOD, to describing him by name, but how can mere human words ever hope to do justice to who He really is?  And so we ask Who.  Who are you?  And I did not have enough space to put everything I wanted to include on this page, so with a bit of washi tape to the side, I made that journal spot at the bottom into a tip in flap.

Summer Reading Art Journal

And so we have come to the end of the first word  out of the 12 that make up the bulk of this book.  Later I shall show you more.


You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...