social spark Aisling Beatha: God, IF You Are Real, then Please . . . . .

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

God, IF You Are Real, then Please . . . . .

Thoughtful Thursday Logo Finished

No explanation today, just something for you to read/watch and consider.


Pin It
Prayers of
“God, IF you are real, then please  . . . .”
Are supposed to be saved for unbelievers.
Right?

For those “still searching”,
Who don’t know yet.

Then why do I find
myself
asking these questions?

Why am I the one
crying
“God, IF you are real then please . . . . . “?

I’m supposed to have it all together,
I’m supposed to know the answers.
For crying out loud
I’ve been “following” for nearly 30 years.

But I am not alone,
Others have gone before me on this path,

Others far more versed in Loving than me,
Others most would think of as “knowing Him.”

Mother Teresa,
Revered by many,
Loved by thousands if not millions,

We may disagree
on theology,
But surely we
can agree
that she
Was
Follower of God
Lover of the unloveable
Friend of the untouchable

And she,
yes even she,
cried from the bottom of her heart,
“My God, I have no faith,
So many unanswered questions
live within me
Afraid to uncover them,
IF there be God
Please forgive me.”

No, I am NOT alone,
Others have gone before me on this path.

Consider Moses
At the burning bush
Negotiating
Even arguing with God

Or Gideon
DEMANDING proof

Or Job
Who
Was NOT afraid
To
Ask the questions
Burning in his heart

No, I am NOT alone,
Others have gone before me on this path.

And we read psalms
Where David praises
David rejoices
David cries
David begs
“How long Lord?
How long will you forget me?
Will it be forever?”

No, I am NOT alone,
Others have gone before me on this path.

And so I stand
And so I sit
And so I lie
And so I cry

With the man
Of Mark 9:24

Lord I BELIEVE

HELP ME IN MY UNBELIEF!

© 2014, Zoe Gregg (Aisling Beatha). All rights reserved.


Come back next Thursday for another Thoughtful Thursday post.

You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...