social spark Aisling Beatha: Introducing - THOUGHTFUL THURSDAYS

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Introducing - THOUGHTFUL THURSDAYS

I've been thinking about my blog and getting a little more structure over here.

Over the next few months I am thinking of introducing a few different themes for posts, so I can keep the mix of creative stuff, foody stuff, but also provide that space for me to do what I love, but haven't done in so long, and that is share my thoughts, on the deeper stuff of life.

So, we shall begin with that last one, through Thoughtful Thursdays.

Thoughtful Thursday Logo Finished

A few months ago I was asked to write a set of notes for sharing with my church.  And now it's time to share them with you.  Those will make up the first couple of months of thoughtful Thursday posts.  Some of them are reposts of previous items on my blog, some of them refer back to previous items on my blog, but put together they seem, to me at least, to make a complete whole.

When I was asked to write these I was reluctant.  I knew that the journey writing them would take me on was not an easy one, and that I would get to take all my readers along with me for the ride.  These Thursday posts might sometimes leave you worrying about me.  You might worry for my faith, my salvation, or my sanity, but you need not be concerned.

The place I'm going to take you to is one where deep faith and deep doubts and questions are held in the same pair of hand.  It doesn't mean I've fallen away from God, lost my faith, or just need to try harder.  I was going to tell you that this is a place I have gone to willingly, but I have to admit that at times I've been dragged kicking and screaming.  It is, however, a place that God has led me to, and a genuine part of the journey.

I'll leave it at that for now.  But watch out next Thursday for more . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...