social spark Aisling Beatha: Really Easy Celtic Knotwork

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Really Easy Celtic Knotwork

Really Easy Celtic Knotwork Square

I've been watching some videos over on youtube on how to do really easy Celtic knotwork.  I love how easy he makes the explanation, so I thought I'd show you my notes and first attempts.  First, his introductory video, then you can check out what I have done so far.


Pin It

First my notes so that I could remember what he had said in the video.

Really Easy Celtic Knotwork How To


Then some practising, including switching between pointy corners and curved corners as well as learning how to treat a split line.

Really Easy Celtic Knotwork Learning as you go


Really Easy Celtic Knotwork Trying things out


So there you have it, in just a coupoel of hours of watching and playing I have the basics sorted. One of the key points is to keep the same width all the way round. While I managed that on most of those pieces above, once I switched to half the scale on the same paper, I began to struggle as you can see in the cross below.

Really Easy Celtic Knotwork Cross

Pin It

I did that cross during church on Sunday. I am used to moving and dancing in worship (a lot) and our church has moved to a building where that is not so easy, so I choose other ways to express myself during worship and this was one of those times. I chose to fracture the cross with split lines in various places. This was to represent the fracturing into more difficult concepts of my previously easy to figure out nice and clear faith.


You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...