social spark Aisling Beatha: This Imperfect Life

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

This Imperfect Life

This Imperfect Life

Pin It


Do you ever look around yourself
And think
“This
Is not the life I imagined”?
“This
Is not what I was made for”?
“This
Is not what God has called me to”?

Do you ever look around yourself
And think
“I want
To do so much more”?
“I want
To be so much more”?
“I want
To achieve so much more
For God”?


Did you ever see
a bird of prey
sitting on a lamppost?

Did you ever see
A bird of prey
high above the city traffic?

Did you ever see
A bird of prey
Far from it’s natural environment?
Far from what it was made for?
Far from where God designed it to be?


No open fields for these birds
No cliff top perches
Or mountain crags
No spotting their lunch from a wide open sky


And yet


They thrive.
Not just survive,
They THRIVE.


And in my heart I know
That in my life,
Your life,
Our lives,

Even when
We are not
Living the life
We think we were MADE FOR

We CAN thrive.
Not just survive,
We CAN THRIVE


We can know the joy
Of an open sky
We can know the smile
Of God on high

We can see Him
and be used by Him
Not someday
Not somehow
But
Right here
Right now
Right in the midst of THIS LIFE

This imperfect life.


You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...